|Substance use and mental health disorders|
‘Integrating issues of substance abuse and addiction within undergraduate dental education’ 
2.5 h session|
Definition of the terms|
Community driven presentation (40 min)
- Q&A about the presentation in light of the pre-reading (15 min)
Personal testimonial of community members with a history of substance use and/or mental health disorders (40 min)
Vignette about Mary (5 min)
In-class small groupb discussion about the vignette (40 min):
- How do you see the issues of access to care and acceptance within this scenario? From whose perspective?
- Do you agree/disagree with both dentists’ actions? Why?
- What would you do if you were her dentist?
- What stigma means to you? Is there stigma portrayed on this scenario? Why and why not?
Wrap up with community members, instructor and students
|Post-session||Voluntary self reflectionc|