|Likert-scale questionnaire||Debrief sessions|
1. I feel confident taking a history of a patient with a breast lump|
2. I feel confident documenting a history of a patient with a breast lump in clinical notes
3. I know the risk factors for breast cancer and how to ask these in a history
4. I know the presenting symptoms of breast cancer and how to ask these in a history
5. I feel confident examining a patient with a breast lump and documenting this in the clinical notes
6. I know how to recognise the examination findings of breast cancer exam
7. I would feel confident ordering appropriate investigations for a patient presenting with a breast lump
8. I would feel confident interpreting appropriate investigations for a patient presenting with a breast lump
1. How did it feel to learn in a simulated clinic environment?|
2. The simulated clinic was based on the same learning outcomes as the breast tutorial last week. How did you feel that each session addressed these outcomes?
3. Do you prefer to learn in a simulated clinic environment or a classroom-based tutorial on the same subject matter?
4. Students are presented with two statements: “The top priority in my education should be to prepare me to pass my final exams. The top priority in my education should be to prepare me to become a competent junior doctor”. Discuss to what extent you agree or disagree with those statements and why.
5. How do you feel simulated clinic sessions and classroom-based tutorials prepare you for these educational priorities (passing examinations vs. junior doctor competencies)?