| 1. Thinking back to starting work as a junior doctor, can you tell me about the first time you had to respond to a deteriorating patient on the ward?|
2. How did you feel when you were responding to the patient?
3. What did you find particularly challenging about the situation?
4. Overall, did you feel prepared? Why or why not?
5. What do you think has been most helpful in preparing you to respond to deteriorating patients?
6. In order to help feel more prepared in responding to deteriorating patients, are there any learning experiences you wish you had or had more of during medical school?