|Research confidence theme||Illustrative extracts from reflective statements|
|Reasons for lack of confidence||
• 'I did not know how to start. I did not have the confidence to even start something no matter how small it may be'
• 'I felt like I was lost in a maze with an assortment of heavy loads on my back'
|Increased research skills confidence||
• '...going through the course has helped me overcome my fears and anxieties concerning research'
• 'I have acquired skills and confidence needed to design and conduct research projects'
• 'I now feel very confident in discussing matters about research and have developed the interest in converting many clinical problems in the society into clinical research'
• 'it [the course] has taught me the need to expand my frontiers and be self-confident'
• 'I have enough potential in me to achieve whatever I set my mind to do'
• 'I have had the confidence to pursue anything I intend doing without being intimidated by personalities.'
• '... [the course activities] have made me a critical thinker'