From: The role of deliberate practice in the acquisition of clinical skills
Mean Score (SD)
- When I have made a schedule I stick to it.
- I am good at planning my time.
- My study efforts are distributed evenly over the academic year.
- I draw up a study schedule.
- I summarise the material I am studying.
- On days when there are no obligatory study activities
I study mostly in the morning.
- I make an outline of the material to be studied.
- I usually study in a number of short sessions.
- When I am studying I am not easily distracted.
- I take breaks when I am studying.
- I stop studying as soon as I get tired.
- I revise skills during unsupervised practice sessions.
- I revise skills by practising on other students/housemates/family.
- I prepare for skill training sessions.
- When I don't understand something I look it up in the literature. after training.
- I revise material I find difficult.
Study style/self reflection
- I try to see how different parts of a subject are interconnected.
- After studying a subject I am able to explain it clearly.
- I pay extra attention to subjects I do not understand.
- When something goes wrong in my studies I try to find out what caused it.
- I know my strengths and weaknesses with regard to studying.
- When I don't understand things during training I ask questions.
- I hate it when there is something I do not understand.
- I work to improve my weaknesses.
- I use different resources to study the learning objectives.
- I also read medical articles not directly related to the current topic.